At least on the second attempt. Our 1 hour 40 minute plane ride was somewhat uneventful until we approached Zimbabwe - just a little turbulence. Pilot came on the intercom to tell us we'd be landing in about 12 minutes. I mean we almost touched down and then all of a sudden the engines roared and we headed right back up in what seemed faster than normal and then we went up a little more. I must admit I was quite nervous. In all my travels I've never had that happen. A few minutes later the pilot came on the intercom again to tell us that there had been a wind gust of windshear that made for a questionable landing.
We got to the gate and my heart had calmed back down. The wait at immigration took over an hour because of the visa we had to obtain. Our hotel is a lodge somewhat in the bush with a watering hole where at dawn and dusk you can see animals.
They also have free rain all over the area - even in town. You should see my very own mosquito net around the bed.
Late afternoon we were taken to the Zambezi River for a sunset cruise. It was so relaxing.
Tomorrow we have our Victoria Falls tour and I have a helicopter "Flight of Angels" tomorrow afternoon.
More tomorrow.










No comments:
Post a Comment